- Sunday, October 11th, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Assigned Rooms at MIT Student Center and the Broad Institute; volunteer guides will direct. Pick up lunch first at Kresge Lobby
- Mildred DresselhausInstitute Professor, Professor of Physics (emerita), Professor of Electrical Engineering (emerita), Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Sara JonesPostdoctoral fellow, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT
- David KaiserGermeshausen Professor of the History of Science and program head, Program in Science, Technology and Society; Professor of Physics, Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dina KatabiAndrew (1956) and Erna Viterbi Professor and Class of 1948 Career Development Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Robert LangerDavid H. Koch Institute Professor, Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Eric MinikelDoctoral candidate in biological and biomedical Sciences, Harvard Medical School; member, Schreiber Lab, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
- Lawrence SusskindFord Professor of Urban and Environmental Planning, Department of Urban Studies and Planning, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
This year's meeting features two days of Lunch With a Luminary sessions, where conference participants can interact in an informal, small-group setting with leading researchers from MIT and other local institutions. For details on each researcher's topic area and professional background, click on the speaker names in the list above.
For Sunday's lunches, guides will be on hand to direct you to a designated room in the MIT Student Center or the Broad Institute to meet your chosen speaker. The Student Center is just across the courtyard from Kresge Auditorium. The Broad Institute is a 13-minute walk from Kresge.
Dresselhaus, Mildred Student Center 306
Jones, Sara Broad Institute
Kaiser, David Student Center 407
Katabi, Dina Student Center 307
Langer, Robert Student Center Sala de Puerto Rico (202)
Minikel, Eric Broad Institute
Susskind, Lawrence Student Center 491
On your way to your chosen talk, be sure to pick up a box lunch and drink in the Kresge Auditorium Lobby. Vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available, based on the food preferences you submitted when you registered.
At the host table located in the conference check-in area, you can verify your Lunch With a Luminary choice and/or switch into other lunches, if space is available.