- Friday, October 17th, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Hopkins Room, Hilton Columbus Downtown
- Cynthia GraberFreelance print and radio journalist
Producing great audio for the Internet requires coupling a little technical know-how to several other skills science writers already have. Each skill is familiar -- interviewing, storytelling, churning out rough drafts, polishing your prose, and editing -- but the audio-version is a little different. This three-hour workshop is for those who want to acquire and sharpen the audio-versions of their science-writing skills for an array of audio projects, from podcasts to oral histories, audio slideshows to multimedia platforms.
* interviewing and field-micing techniques
* how to make interviewees comfortable with being recorded
* soup-to-nuts basic audio recording/editing/production steps (hands on)
* listening techniques and how to give useful feedback to others
Your own laptop and headphones. $30; pre-registration.
recorder, microphone, and audio files of any project you’re currently working on